Plans and Providers
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
805-981-5040 or 800-600-8247
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
English and Spanish
Why Choose the Ventura County Health Care Plan (VCHCP)?
One important reason is because VCHCP has been designated “Comunity Provider Plan” for Ventura County. Because of this, your monthly premium will be less than with any other health plan in the County.
We provide quality health care coverage for eligible children living in Ventura County, with an expansive network of community and County healthcare system providers.
- You choose from a wide network of Primary Care Physicians (PCP) conveniently located throughout the county.
- Female children can see any network OB-GYN physician without a referral from a PCP.
- Wherever you live in Ventura County, we have urgent care and emergency facilities close by.
- VCHCP has some of the finest doctors in the county to take care of your children.
- Prescription drugs are available from most pharmacies in your community, including Sav-On, CVS, Rite Aid, Medicine Shoppe, Costco, Vons, and many independent pharmacies in your neighborhood.
We Work for You – Here Is How
- Your Primary Care Physician will provide all basic healthcare services when your child needs them, including immunizations and other preventive health services.
- Your Primary Care Physician may refer your child to a network physician who is a Specialist to receive care for a specific medical condition.
- Call our friendly bilingual staff any time you have questions or need help at 805-981-5040. Free interpreting and translation services at all offices.
How to Choose
Write “VCHCP” in the space provided on the form. Write the name of the
primary care physician you want to select for each child or teen in the space
indicated on the form. If you need assistance selecting a doctor that best fits
your child’s special needs, or have any other questions about the Ventura
County Health Care Plan, please give us a call at 805-981-5040. We are here for you!