Plans and Providers
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
We will help you in your language!
Why choose L.A. Care Health Plan?
Choose L.A. Care, the Community Provider Plan in Los Angeles, and you will pay less than if you choose another Healthy Families Plan in Los Angeles County. L.A. Care has a large network of doctors and health care providers near your work, home and many schools. As a member, you can choose from thousands of doctors, pharmacies, and major hospitals in Los Angeles County. Our providers speak English, Spanish, and many other languages so you can get the quality health care you deserve. Many satisfied members tell their friends and neighbors about us.
- We are a trusted source for affordable health care.
- We respect our members and understand their needs and their culture.
How L.A. Care Works for You
- We send you information in English or Spanish.
- You can pick your child’s doctor from our large network or, we can choose a doctor for you.
- Your doctor will coordinate your child’s health care needs and any specialty or hospital care.
- Your child will get well care checkups at no cost.
- You can get your child’s prescriptions from any of our pharmacies.
- We can arrange free interpreter services during your doctor and pharmacy visits.
- If your child is sick or needs a nurse’s advice, you can call free-anytime of day or night, 7 days a week, even holidays.
How to Choose
Write L.A. Care Health Plan on the form and choose a Primary Care Physician (doctor), or we’ll choose a doctor near you. If you have questions or need help, call us free at 1-888-4LA-CARE (1-888-452-2273) or go to our website, www.lacare.org. On the Home page, click Get Health Insurance in the Quick Links box and follow the instructions.