Plans and Providers
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Multilingual Customer Service
Call toll - free 1-888-231-9473, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Why Choose Health Net Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)?
Our business is making healthcare work for you. Health Net has been providing valuable health care coverage to Californians for over 30 years. Our plan is affordable and designed to cover your unique health care needs. Our Healthy Families HMO plan achieved the “Multicultural Health Care Distinction” award from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Health Net offers:
- One of California’s largest health care plan provider with more than 2.2 million members.
- By selecting the Community Provider Plan, Health Net, in El Dorado, Fresno, Madera, Sacramento, and Tulare Counties, you will pay lower monthly premiums than if you selected another Healthy Families Plan in these counties.
- A large selection of physicians, hospitals, and pharmacies, located in your community.
- Excellent member assistance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with representatives, who may speak your language.
- A 24-hour Nurse Advice Line for all members.
- Local Health Net staff in your community to help you.
- Access to health and wellness resources and materials at no charge to you, such as childhood obesity, diabetes and asthma management.
- A website, www.healthnet.com/shp, where you can look for a doctor and find information about health programs and services.
How Health Net HMO works
- Choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP) who will be your child’s regular doctor. The PCP and their medical group will provide or arrange for your child’s care.
- Your child’s PCP will refer your child to a specialist doctor when needed.
- You may switch your child’s PCP an unlimited amount of times.
- For after-hours care, contact your child’s regular doctor’s office or medical group for immediate response.
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Prescriptions are covered at participating pharmacies. We use Costco, CVS, Rite-Aid, Target, Walgreens and Walmart pharmacies; along with many other local independent pharmacies.
- Doctors use our approved list of drugs that has both generic and brand name medications.
How to Choose
Write Health Net HMO-1010 in the space provided on the form. If you need assistance choosing a doctor or completing the application form, call 1-800-327-0502.