Plans and Providers
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Call 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday (Except Holidays)
English and Spanish, plus a Language Help Line!
Why Choose Contra Costa Health Plan (CCHP)?
CCHP has always believed in providing high quality customer service and health care. We have cared for the people of Contra Costa for over 35 years. If you choose Contra Costa Health Plan, the Community Provider Plan in Contra Costa County, your monthly premium will be less than if you choose another Healthy Families Plan in the county. You can enroll with us at the discounted rates of only $4 -$21 per child per month up to a maximum of $63 per month for all children in the family!
How the Plan Works
- Your child’s ID card is your ticket to quality health care and lists important numbers on the back.
- You may choose a Primary Care Provider (PCP) before enrollment, or we will suggest one for your child. You may change your child’s PCP anytime.
- Your child’s PCP will help you get all needed care, including referrals to specialists and hospitals.
- Use any of our neighborhood Health Centers or our expanded network of private, community providers and hospitals.
- You get your prescription drugs through a nationwide network of preferred pharmacies!
- Extensive Preferred Drug List! If you need a drug that is not on our Preferred Drug List, your child’s doctor will work with CCHP to help you get the medicine your child needs.
- Experienced Member Services Counselors can answer your questions, update your information and help you find a PCP that meets your child’s needs.
- Our Advice Nurse Service is your friendly, anytime connection to CCHP… Someone with the medical help you need 24-hours a day, every day, with just one toll-free call. They can help you decide if you need urgent care, help you take care of an injury or illness at home or just offer you advice and referrals on parenting and other issues. You will find the Advice Nurse phone number on your ID Card and in the Facility Directory.
- We have free disease management programs, health education services and Personal Health Advisors for complex medical needs.
- Your child is covered for urgent and emergency care services worldwide!
How to Choose
Write Contra Costa Health Plan in the space provided on the form. If you have questions or need help with the form, call 1-877-661-6230 (press 6).
Contra Costa Health Plan - A Culture of Caring Since 1973!