Plans and Providers
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Call 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
English and Spanish - Other languages available
Why Choose Central California Alliance for Health?
- If you choose Central California Alliance for Health, the Community Provider Plan in Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties, your monthly premium will be less than if you choose another Healthy Families Plan in these counties.
- You may choose your own doctor. We have many providers including specialists, hospitals and pharmacies so your child can get care when he/she needs it in your neighborhood.
- Female members can see an OB/GYN doctor without a referral.
Quality and Service
- We work hard to give your child the best care and customer service. We are committed to our community and the health of your children.
- We are local - with offices in Scotts Valley and Salinas.
- We have programs such as asthma and diabetes management to help keep your child healthy. We have nurses, social workers and health educators on staff to help you.
How the Plan Works
- When you enroll, choose a doctor that is right for your child. You may change doctors up to once a month.
- Your doctor will help with all your child’s health care needs. He or she will refer your child to a specialist or to the hospital when needed.
- We will send you membership information and an Alliance ID card. You will need to show your child’s ID card at all doctor appointments and at the pharmacy.
- You can get your child’s prescriptions from a choice of many chain and neighborhood pharmacies.
- If your child needs urgent care, you can call your child’s doctor 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How to Choose
Write Central California Alliance for Health and your choice of a doctor or clinic in the space provided on the form. If you have any questions, call our friendly bilingual staff toll free at 1-800-700-3874. We’re here to help you!