Plans and Providers
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO)
Call 1-800-227-3238 Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
English, Spanish and interpreting service for most other languages available
Why Become an Anthem Blue Cross EPO member?
- We have a large selection of doctors in the Healthy Families Program. Call us
or visit anthem.com/ca to find a provider in your area.
- Your child may go directly to any doctor or specialist in our EPO network.
- We are the low-cost Community Provider Plan in many counties… probably yours!
- Toll-free 24/7 NurseLine – at no cost to our members.
- Anthem Blue Cross is a trusted name in California health care for more than 70 years.
- Over 50,000 Healthy Families Program members depend on Anthem Blue Cross EPO.
- A SPECIAL PROGRAM: Choose a medical home –
with our Voluntary Medical Home (VMH)
- A VMH provider helps you when you’re sick and works with you to stay healthy.
- A VMH provider helps you get access to special services for ongoing health care issues like asthma, diabetes, heart disease and more.
- You still have access to all of the providers in our network, but you have someone to help coordinate your care!
How Our Plan Works
You get the care you need: You can go to any doctor in our large network of pediatricians, family and general practice doctors– anywhere in the state. You can take your child directly to any specialist in the network, when needed.
By selecting the Community Provider Plan in Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Imperial, Inyo, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Modoc, Mono, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, San Benito, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Sonoma, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, and Yuba Counties, you will pay lower monthly premiums than if you selected another Healthy Families Plan in the county.
You get the prescriptions you need: You can use any of our many approved drug stores: Rite Aid, CVS and more, including many local, independent drug stores. Prescriptions are just $5 - $15.
You get the answers you need: Our customer service representatives are available to help members Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For afterhours care, you can call your child’s doctor or our nurse health information line.
How to Choose
Write Anthem Blue Cross EPO in the space provided on the form. Choose a VMH provider. This is offered in most of our service areas. You can choose to join this brand new program. Do you have questions? Call us at 1-800-227-3238.
Anthem Blue Cross is the trade name of Blue Cross of California. Independent licensee of the Blue Cross Association. ® ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross name and symbol are registered marks of the Blue Cross Association. © 2012. Healthy Families is a service mark of the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board.