This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
HEALTHY FAMILIES PROGRAM CLOSE OUT & OTHER COVERAGE OPTIONS
Due to a state law change, the Healthy Families Program (HFP) stopped enrolling children on December 31, 2012. During 2013, all children enrolled in the HFP were transitioned to the Medi-Cal Program. A new Medi-Cal Program was created to provide coverage for children previously enrolled or eligible for the HFP. This new program is called the Optional Targeted Low Income Children Program (OTLICP). The HFP website is now closed
Please note important information about the OTLICP and other coverage options available to uninsured families and children.
- If you have questions about the OTLICP, please call 1-800-880-5305. You can call Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and on Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Families with uninsured children can continue to apply online for the no-cost Medi-Cal and the OTLICP by going to www.benefitscal.org
- HFP applicants with questions about HFP premiums/refunds, unclaimed property, eligibility appeals, or correspondence prior to February 1, 2014, please call: 1-866-848-9166. You can call Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and on Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If you have questions about medical services or claims prior to the transition of your child to the OTLICP, please contact your health, dental, or vision plan.
- California residents can apply for affordable health insurance coverage through "Covered California" or the Individual Insurance Market. Covered California is a new coverage option where you and your family may get tax credits to help pay your monthly premiums and where you can compare and choose health coverage that best meet your needs and budget. By law, you cannot be denied coverage if you have a pre-existing medical condition. For information on Covered California, go to www.CoveredCA.com, or call 1-800-300-1506. You can call Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For information on the Individual Insurance Market, contact an insurance broker or search for online plan information using einsurance.com, ehealthinsurance.com, or similar websites.
- AIM linked infants above 250% Federal Poverty Level have been transitioned into the DHCS AIM Linked Infant and Children’s Program (ALICP). If you have any question about the DHCS ALICP, please call toll free at 1-800-880-5305, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., or on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.