EEs & CAAs
- Contact Information
- Reference Manual
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
THE HEALTHY FAMILIES MOVE TO MEDI-CAL UPDATE
All Healthy Families Program members are going to be receiving letters that explain the changes to the program. Healthy Families realizes that CAAs throughout the State are going to be receiving questions from families about the changes with the program. Below is some information that will assist you when talking with families:
- Children currently enrolled in the Healthy Families will continue to have health dental and vision coverage.
- Healthy Families is still open for those families that have not yet transitioned, and is accepting Annual Eligibility Review, request for Continued Enrollment and request for a Program Review.
- Healthy Families continues to process plan transfer requests, monthly premium payments, Annual Eligibility Reviews, and enrollment of infants whose mother is enrolled in the Access for Infants and Mothers Program.
- The move to Medi-Cal began January 2013. The transition will occur in phases based on the health plan the child is enrolled in.
- Families will receive letters in the mail from Healthy Families beginning in late October 2012. The letters will explain the steps that will take place. To read the Notice to members click here.
- It is very important for families to keep their address and telephone number up-to-date with Healthy Families so that they will receive the latest information.
- Families need to continue to pay their Healthy Families premiums in order to maintain coverage in the program.
We will continue to keep you up-to-date on the transition as more information becomes available in upcoming Newsletters, through this website, and on Health-e-App.