This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Contact the Healthy Families Program
For an application or status of an application our telephone number is 1-800-880-5305.
For questions about your child's health coverage or premium payments, including online payments, our telephone number is 1-866-848-9166.
You can call Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m, or Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The call is free.
Our fax number is 1-866-848-4977 and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The fax is free.
Our mailing address for applications is:
P.O. Box 138005
Sacramento, CA 95813-9984
Our mailing address for payments is:
Healthy Families Payment Section
PO Box 537019
Sacramento, CA 95853-7019
Send general program questions by e-mail to: HealthyFamilies@MAXIMUS.com Be sure to include your name and phone number.
Please remember that email is NOT PRIVATE. Do not use it to send applications, supporting documentation, or any other personal information, such as your Social Security or account numbers.
Get help applying for Healthy Families
- 1-800-880-5305 if you do not already have a child enrolled in Healthy Families. You can ask questions, have the application form sent to you or apply by phone. You can call Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or on Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The call is free.
Get help in person:
- Many community organizations have people who are trained to help you apply. They are called Certified Application Assistants, or CAAs. Search for a CAA in your area
- Call to find a CAA in your area: 1-888-747-1222. The call is free.
Download an application:
- Download the application in English or Spanish. Choose either the simple application or the application with complete instructions.
- Go to the page of Frequently Asked Questions. (FAQs). Your question may be answered there.
To report changes
If you are already in Healthy Families and want to report a change in your address, telephone or household: